Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A new angel in Heaven....


It is with great sadness that I say good-bye to the woman who helped me make peace with my own journey with cancer, Oni Faida Lampley. She was a sage, a teacher, a veteran of overcoming hardship and a deeply spiritual truth teller.

On April 28th, our gorgeous, dynamic, charming, brilliant, powerful warrior Oni left her body and became our angel. She was surrounded by love and light, friends and family, music, and prayer as she went peacefully and gracefully into the light.

For those of you who have seen Crazy Sexy Cancer, Oni is the brilliant (and hilarious) playwright we profiled towards the end of the film. I spent many nights watching her interviews in the hopes that her wisdom would take seed and help me to heal. Well, it did. Oni is responsible for some of my greatest personal breakthroughs. There is nothing to be thankful to cancer for and yet there are so many blessings, a paradox that I am still unraveling. If it wasn’t for my diagnosis I would never have met such a remarkable woman. So in the end, thank you cancer for bringing Oni into my life. Her creativity and passion reminded me that the only way to save my spirit was to nurture my artist and tell my story. Watching her tour de force made me pray for half the talent pouring from her heart and pen.

Oni's greatest wish was that her two brilliant and beautiful boys, Oluwadamilola and Adebayo would be able to go to college and bloom in their own ways.

If you are in a position to make a contribution to the boys' Scholarship Fund, your donation will help them pursue their dreams. No amount is too small. With the combined force of our incredible community we can give them an amazing running start as they carry on the legacy of Oni Faida Lampley.

http://theonifund.com

blog comments powered by Disqus