I've got two words for you... One Day! That's all we've got, one day. So here's a concept: let's vote... then volunteer. Contact your local organizers and see how you can help. Drive someone to the polling place who's in need, knock on doors, hand out fliers. And if you live in a swing state like Ohio, North Carolina, Missouri, and Pennsylvania - hustle baby hustle! Here are some voting basics:
1. Find your polling place by clicking here or calling 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
2. Voter ID laws vary by state, but always bring your ID!
3. Not on the list? Make sure you're at the right polling place, then demand a provisional ballot.
4. If voting by machine with paper record, verify the record is accurate.
5. Know your rights when you go to vote: http://truth.voteforchange.com/
6. Need legal help? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
7. Your cell phone camera is a valuable tool for democracy. Record video of any problems and upload to watchdog sites. One of them is Video The Vote. You can also interview other voters who had problems outside the polling place - as long as you stay the legal distance.
Even Oprah had a hard time at the polls, gang. If you see something fishy, say something. Double, triple check that your vote was counted and that your choice was correct. Let's avoid the Gore debacle at all costs.
Good Luck Obama! I'm on Crazy Sexy Pins & Needles!
Peace and anxiety,
How and where to vote 101
Monday, November 3, 2008
Posted by cancer cowgirl xo at 7:39 AM