Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE DID!



Tomatoes!

We did it! Not only did the rainbow of race, age, and creed storm the voting booths in record numbers to elect our very first African American healer-poet, philosopher, peacekeeper, maker of change, but thanks to the extraordinary efforts of animal advocates around the country, 20 million farm animals' lives will improve. Prop 2 was also passed!


Is it just me or do you feel empowered again? I woke up whole. I opened my green eyes ready to start a new chapter in my own life. If Obama can do it, what can I do? How far can I go? Where is the ceiling of personal potential or is there one?

Peace and tenacity. Love and righteousness. There is no better job than the job that allows us to serve humanity.

Right?

Wow!

How do you feel today friends? Surreal? Cracked wide open, oozing sunshine and honey? Perhaps hung over? I am! Brian and I waited 2 years to drink an amazing bottle of champagne given to us by our Executive Producer at TLC. The card that came with the spirits read "to the start of the revolution".

You'd think we would have drank it the night "Crazy Sexy Cancer" aired on national television - a feat that few thought we'd accomplish. "Cancer? On TV? Funny? No one wants to see that, ratings will tank".

Yes we can! Yes we did! But still, we did not drink the nectar. Even though it took 5 long years to make and a whole heck of a lot of blood sweat and tears, we knew something bigger was coming.

That champagne tasted really sweet, really right and really HEALTHY last night.

Peace and pride,
Kris
xo

blog comments powered by Disqus