Wednesday, April 9, 2008

MEDITATING MAXIMIZES YOUR MANIFESTING MOJO!


Look who's back! It's our Crazy Sexy Life Coach Terri Cole leading us on our manifestation acceleration! Hey, since we're on a fasting kick, this is the perfect time to call in the mental troops. Cleansing is tough, if it was easy more folks would do it. Here are some more tools to help you reach your goals - whatever they are. Take it away Queen Terri....

Happy Wednesday Co-creators!

As many of you know our Manifesting Maniacs group on the forum (www.my.crazysexylife.com) is reading Deepak Chopra’s THE SEVEN SPIRITUAL LAWS OF SUCCESS. This book is a little jewel filled with information and easy “How To” suggestions. Let’s first establish all of the amazing benefits of meditating. The website ABC-OF-Yoga.com discusses the importance of meditating for achieving mental clarity and health. As a therapist I have always espoused the virtues of being still and quieting the mind. Below is a list of the physiological benefits of meditation:

*Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower heart rate, and reduced workload of the heart.
*Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals associated with stress.
*Reduction of free radicals-unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage.
*Decreased high blood pressure.
*Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety.
*Drop in cholesterol levels.
*Improved flow of air to lungs resulting in easier breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.
*Decreases the aging process (whooooo hooooo!)

Below is a list of the psychological benefits of meditation:
*Increased brain wave coherence.
*Greater creativity.
*Decreased anxiety.
*Decreased depression.
*Decreased irritability and moodiness.
*Improved learning ability and memory.
*Increased happiness.
*Increased self-actualization.
*Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
*Increased emotional stability.

There are many spiritual benefits as well. As your practice deepens so does your compassion and self-awareness. Meditating, like so many other aspects of this CRAZY SEXY LIFESTYLE, is a gift to your self. It is a way to self- nurture that does not cost a penny and yet yields abundance.

Deepak Chopra states on the first page of, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
The source of all creation is pure consciousness…pure potentiality seeking expression from the unmanifest to the manifest. And when we realize that our true Self is one of pure potentiality, we align with the power that manifests everything in the universe.

The meaning of this statement and the message of the book, is that the space in between our conscious life and our sleeping life (he refers to it as the gap), is where we manifest visualize and create with the most power. He calls this the Law of Pure Potentiality and directs us to access it daily through the practice of silence, meditation and non-judgment (that can be a tough one). Also spending time in nature will feed your creating juices.

The benefits of meditating did not come as news to me. I have been aware of them for years. What DID comes, as a newsflash was the direct connection between meditating and accessing your massive power to create your desired health, wealth and life. It was truly an A HA moment that had me waking up my sleeping husband at 2am to ask if he had purposely within held the keys to the kingdom from me (he claims ignorance☺). I have had a beautiful meditation room in my home for years. I have done weekends and classes. I have purchased CDs and DVDs. I have created a beautiful alter, have silk sitting pillows and endless collection of Buddha statues and incense. None of these things inspired me to action, as this book has. At Kris’s suggestion I bought an egg timer and am using it. Deepak says twice a day for 30 minutes, morning and night. I am getting there. I am forgiving myself for my loud mind (just go back to counting) and how long it took me to truly start my practice. I invite you to join me by adding this amazing dimension to your life. If you are way past me then GO YOU. I am catching up so please turn around and lend a hand by sharing your own techniques and experiences here and in our MANIFESTING MANIACS group. I will do a follow up blog in 6 weeks to share your amazing tales of transformation and inspiration.

Love Love Love
Your Crazy Sexy LIFE COACH
Terri

blog comments powered by Disqus